Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Chasing away those Winter blues, greys and blacks.

Winter is about getting a good regular dose of colour therapy. Take my latest window, 'Spring Greens', it says a lot about my current need for fresh vibrant colour. Colour is restorative, especially when the skies are overcast and the cold is biting. My fellow blogger Sussex Mama doesn't like the Winter. Like her I dream of allotmenting in the spring and summer months, nurturing the earth and soaking up the sunshine. February is a tough month, a no-mans land as months go. I dedicate this post to her and hope that this will get her through those grey days. See you up the allotment!







All pictures are courtesy of my own back garden, two summers ago; because we don't talk about last summer.

2 comments:

  1. Why thank you so much (Old) Haberdasher! That is so sweet of you, I especially love the second to last photo - any idea of the flower? I saw the sun this morning and thought it a pink-shoe day...even baring a little ankle...bad move, its chilly out there!
    Here's to the lottie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Astrantia. Looks lovely in a ramshackle border. x

      Delete